Welcome to Kisholoy Children's Hospital
The field of Children’s / Pediatric Intensive Care / Pediatric Critical Care is a relatively new speciality of pediatrics, well defined and structured in the western world. In India, this is still a nascent speciality, but now fast growing over the last decade. The speciality deals with serious, and critical illness in children which have assumed life threatening proportions. Life threatening illness in children occurs in all age groups with a wide array of diseases virtually involving all organ systems of the body. Additionally, external insults to childrens such as : road traffic accidents, trauma, poisoning, burn injury, submersion injury, and many others take their toll on children worldwide.
In no other branch of medicine is prompt rapid care so rewarding as in Pediatric Intensive Care ! Rapid diagnosis and prompt institution of appropriate care brings about an amazing reversal of disease processes with excellent recovery. Pediatric Intensive Care caters to the age group of one month onwards till adolescence.
Pediatric Intensive Care unit at Kisholoy Children’s Hospital has Level 3 ( equipped and capable of providing full advanced life support and multi organ support ) and High Dependency Beds. ( Sick children, but not requiring advanced life support, and recovering from illness )
The PICU ( Pediatric Intensive Care Unit ) is equipped with cutting edge life support technology ( ventilators, infusion pumps, cardiorespiratory monitoring devices, invasive and non invasive monitoring, neurointensive care monitoring, continous brain electrical recording : continuous EEG , dialysis, liver support, etc ).
• All Critical care ( life threatening and dangerous illnesses ) services for children from one month of age till adolescence
• Advanced Life Support for serious systemic illnesses, and multi organ
• Conventional Mechanical Ventilation ( Artificial Respiratory / Breathing Support ) : Noninvasive Ventilation ( BiPAP ), and High Frequency Oscillatory Ventilation ( HFOV)
• Dialysis ( Artificial Kidney Support ) : Peritoneal Dialysis and Hemodialysis
• Invasive Hemodynamic Monitoring and Intracranial Pressure monitoring
• Bedside Critical Care Diagnostics : Echocardiography ( Transthoracic and Transesophageal ), ECG, X-ray Ultrasound and Doppler facility, EEG, EMG and Nerve conduction study.
• Bedside / Operating Room : Bronchoscopy and Tracheostomy
• All pediatric surgical ( abdominal, thoracic, urological , neurosurgical ), orthopedic, and E.N.T pre and post operative care and Burns